Spark Insights is an early stage stealth mode company on a mission to develop a broad range of solutions in big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
We are currently seeking Data Scientists with computer vision, image processing and deep learning experience to join our growing team. The mission of our Data Science team is to develop new machine learning solutions in the computer vision area. The ideal candidates are those who have solid science and/or engineering backgrounds and are willing to learn!! Depends on your experience, we will provide training and mentorship to help you grow with the company, converting you into a mature data scientist. You will contribute and lead to the success of the company.
As a Data Scientist, you will be focused on developing and deploying image processing, machine learning and deep learning solutions that will have an impact in the financial services and insurance industries.
One of the advantages of the startup environment at Spark Insights is, it will provide you with opportunities to get hands-on experience with the full product R&D cycles. You will have many options of career paths to choose from, including but not limited to, pure algorithm research, prototype development, commercial product design and scalable production in cloud.
This Data Scientist position is based in Boston, MA. You must be authorized to work in the US.
As a computer vision and deep learning data scientist you will:
- Research, design, implement, and deploy full-stack scalable computer vision, deep learning, and machine learning solutions to novel and R&D problems.
- Keep up with state-of-the-art methods in computer vision and deep learning and apply them to improve and create new solutions.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for object detection, classification, segmentation, or recognition.
- Collaborate with team members on developing computer vision systems starting from prototype to production.
- You enjoy creative and structured problem solving. You like the challenge of working on complex challenges with structured and unstructured data and are capable of breaking a larger problem into sizeable chunks to work on.
- Translate business requirements into quick prototypes or proof of concepts and work with customers directly to uncover operational objectives.
- PhD or MS in science, engineering, math, statistics or related fields.
- Strong foundation and/or courses taken in programming (4+ yrs in Python, Java, Scala, R, or combined).
- Computer vision related experience and/or courses, image processing, image classification, semantic segmentation, CNN, RNN, etc.
- Experience with machine learning / deep learning tools or frameworks like Scikit learn, XGBoost, Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Experience applying latest advances in deep learning and computer vision research to real-world problems.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, Google cloud).
- Experience in large-scale geospatial querying and analytics on distributed computing systems
- Professional experience working in engineering teams, and with tools like Git, Jira, SQL.
- Proficient with a distributed computing platform (Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
You must be authorized to work in the US.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Boston, MA
Spark Insights is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.