About the Product Manager position
Spark Insights is an early stage stealth mode company based in Boston on a mission to develop a broad range of solutions for the insurance industry using big data, advanced modeling, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for a responsible Product Manager who will lead the development of our SaaS based, machine learning analytics. Our key customer markets are the insurance and reinsurance industries. You will work with our cross-functional teams to help them design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
We expect you to be passionate about building products that customers love. You also should be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Product Manager responsibilities are:
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Research, understand and analyze customer needs and expectations
- Develop buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Review and update product pricing and positioning strategies
- Prepare detailed product requirements and prototypes, based on the product strategy
- Review and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Collaborate with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Organize product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Analyze promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Build relations with customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Product Manager requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working as a Product Manager of a SaaS product, preferably in insurance analytics
- Significant experience of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Significant experience of developing product and marketing strategies and effectively communicating recommendations to executive management
- Excellent understanding of software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and high responsibility
- Strong ability of working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant area
You must be authorized to work in the US.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Boston, MA
Spark Insights is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.